The Escaped Clans
Welcome to the site! Please Register & then Join in the Submit your character section[: Please contact PoisonStar or CloudedStar (Admins) with any questions or concerns[: Thanks!:DD
The Escaped Clans
Welcome to the site! Please Register & then Join in the Submit your character section[: Please contact PoisonStar or CloudedStar (Admins) with any questions or concerns[: Thanks!:DD
The Escaped Clans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Clans lost in time, returning to avenge their fates. Who will you believe?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ceremony Templates & Importance of Clan Ranks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoisonStar
Admin
Admin
PoisonStar

Female Posts : 21

Character Sheet
Health Status:
Ceremony Templates & Importance of Clan Ranks Left_bar_bleue100/100Ceremony Templates & Importance of Clan Ranks Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Ceremony Templates & Importance of Clan Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Ceremony Templates & Importance of Clan Ranks   Ceremony Templates & Importance of Clan Ranks EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:31 pm

The Ceremonies

Most ceremonies are done by the Clan leader, with the exception of the leader ceremony and medicine cat ceremony. Here are the outlines for performing any of the ceremonies, and a description of why each rank of the Clan is important:

The Clan Leader

Why they're important: Clan leaders are the heart of the Clan; their personality affects how the Clan operates and how their warriors treat one another and the world around them. It is up to the Clan leaders to set a good example and guide their Clanmates along the path of the warrior code. They are responsible for calling Clan meetings, appointing warriors, mentors, and apprentices, and deciding Clan policy and strategy with the help of their deputy and any cats they choose to consult for advice (usually the medicine cat, the elders, or senior warriors).
The ceremony: When a cat becomes a Clan leader, he or she must travel to the Moonstone and share tongues with the warrior ancestors of StarClan. The Clan's medicine cat accompanies them on the journey but leaves them alone for the ceremony, in which the leader is granted eight extra lives and a new name with "star" at the end (Cloudedstar, Poisonstar, etc.). This process can be surprising and painful, but it is important for leaders to be able to fight fiercely for their Clan and live long enough to pass along their wisdom and prepare a new leader. During the ceremony, each life is given to the new leader by a cat whose life was significant to the new leader in some way. When a leader loses a life, he or she blacks out for a short period of time, during which the cat visits StarClan and speaks with its warrior ancestors. They must still recover after returning to consciousness.
Firestar's nine lives (as an example): ♥Lionheart- The brave former ThunderClan deputy gave Firestar a life with the gift of courage, to defend his Clan in battle. ♥Redtail- Firestar never met Bluestar's first deputy, but he worked hard to uncover the truth about Redtail's murder. For this reason, Redtail gave him a life with the gift of justice, to judge his Clanmates fairly. ♥Silverstream- The beautiful RiverClan tabby, the love of Graystripe's life, gave Firestar the gift of loyalty to what he knows to be right. This understanding would guide him beyond the reach of the warrior code. ♥Runningwind- The swift ThunderClan warrior represented his life with the gift of tireless energy, so Firestar could serve his Clan to the utmost. ♥Brindleface- With this life, Brindleface gave Firestar the same desire to protect his Clan that a mother has for her kits. He expected this to be a warm, nurturing feeling, but instead he felt it as the fiercest anger burning in his claws, ready to slash and kill to defend his Clanmates. ♥Swiftpaw- This young apprentice strayed from the Clan into the jaws of a dog pack. He gave Firestar the gift of mentoring. ♥Yellowfang- Compassion was Yellowfang's gift, the compassion of a medicine cat for all those who need her help. It is an important gift for a leader, who must be mindful of cats weaker than himself. ♥Spottedleaf- With her life, the young medicine cat gave Firestar love, signaling her approval for his love for Sandstorm. ♥Bluestar- Firestar's leader and mentor gave him his last life, along with the gifts of nobility, certainty, and faith, so that he would be able to lead his Clan in the way of the warrior code for all nine of his lives.

The Deputy

Why they're important: A Clan's deputy is chosen by the leader, to assist in taking care of the Clan. To qualify, a warrior must have had an apprentice and must be strong and brave, with the qualities needed to take on the leadership of the Clan if necessary. The deputy presides over Clan meetings when the leader is absent, stands in for the leader at Gatherings if the leader is ill, organizes daily patrols, and oversees the training of apprentices. According to the warrior code, when a deputy dies or steps down, the leader must announce a new deputy before moonhigh.
Deputies stop being deputies if: *the Clan leader dies, leaving the deputy to take over as leader; *the deputy retires and becomes an elder; *the deputy commits a crime against the warrior code and is demoted or driven from the Clan; *the deputy dies or is killed in battle.
The ceremony: *If the previous deputy dies: Clan leader; "I say these words before the body of (previous deputy's name), so that his/her spirit may hear and approve my choice. (new deputy's name) will be the new deputy of (name of Clan)."
*If the leader dies and the previous deputy has become leader: New leader; "I say these words before the warrior ancestors in StarClan so that they may hear and approve my choice. (new deputy's name) will be the new deputy of (name of Clan)."

The Apprentices

Why they're important: Before a cat can become a warrior, he or she must be trained to fight and hunt and defend the Clan. At the age of six moons, kits leave the nursery and become apprentices. At this point they change the second half of their name from "kit" to "paw" to symbolize the path their paws are now on. The Clan leader assigns each apprentice a mentor--an older warrior to guide the apprentice on the path to becoming a warrior. Apprentices are responsible for chores around the camp, such as tending to the elders, in addition to their training. If they work hard, listen to their mentors, and live by the warrior code, soon they will earn their warrior name, and hopefully, one day, the chance to become a mentor themselves.
The ceremony: Clan leader: "(name of kit being made apprentice), you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to become an apprentice. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as (new name, ending in "paw"). Your mentor will be (name of warrior). I hope he/she will pass down all he/she knows on to you." -The leader calls up the warrior he/she has chosen as a mentor- Leader: "(name of warrior), you are ready to take on an apprentice. You received excellent training from (former mentor), and you have shown yourself to be (good quality the warrior has) and (another quality). You will be the mentor of (name of new apprentice)." -The mentor touches noses with the apprentice, and the Clan greets the new apprentice by calling out his/her new name-
Note:This ceremony may be tweaked for more specific things, or shortened for cats that you don't know very well. This is just the basic outline.

The Warriors

Why they're important: Warriors are the lifeblood of the Clan. They patrol the borders, keep the fresh-kill pile supplied, and defend their Clanmates against attacks from enemy cats or predators. They fight to protect the Clan for as long as they are able and are often called upon to mentor apprentices, passing on the skills they were taught. During the warrior naming ceremony, an apprentice gives up the "paw" half of his or her name and earns a real warrior name--such as Cloudedmist or Poisonblood.
The ceremony: Clan leader: "I, (name of Clan leader), leader of (name of Clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/she has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn." -The leader turns to face the apprentice- Leader: "(name of apprentice), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Apprentice: "I do." Leader: "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. (name of apprentice), from this moment you will be known as (new warrior name). StarClan honors your (good quality the new warrior has, or something they did to become a warrior earlier than expected, such as fight a dog, etc.), and we welcome you as a full warrior of (name of Clan)." -The leader rests his or her muzzle on the new warrior's head and the new warrior licks the leader's shoulder in respect. The rest of the Clan then greets the new warrior by calling him or her by their new name. The new warrior will sit a silent vigil guarding the camp that night-

The Elders
Why they're important: The life of a warrior is difficult and dangerous, and many die young--in battle, of disease, or from a natural disaster. Those cats lucky enough to live a long life may eventually retire from their warrior duties to become elders. These elderly cats are viewed with the deepest respect by the rest of the Clan. Many moons of experience make them an invaluable source of advice for the Clan leader, and they keep alive Clan history by passing down the old stories.
The ceremony: Clan leader: "(name of warrior), is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?" Warrior: "It is." Leader: "Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given to us. I call upon StarClan to give you many moons of rest." -The Clan calls out the retired warrior's name-
Note: Usually an elder ceremony is held only when a cat retires due to old age. If they are forced to retire because of a severe injury (such as blindness), there is no ceremony.

The Name-Changing Ceremony
What it is: A name-changing ceremony is a ceremony that takes place when a Clan leader decides to give a Clan cat a new name. This is usually done when the cat's old name does not suit him or her anymore, generally because of an injury. For example, when Sparrowpelt lost half of his tail, he was re-named Halftail.
When a cat's name no longer portrays who they are, a Clan leader can perform this ceremony to change it to a new name. Normally the name is changed from the result of an injury (like Halftail), but sometimes it is changed when the cat has been named incorrectly and the leader wants to fix this mistake (i.e. when Bluestar named Brightheart Lostface, and Firestar changed it to Brightheart). A cat can request a name change if they would like their name or someone else's name to be changed.
The ceremony: Clan leader: "Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat that you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he/she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, he/she will be known as (new name), for (reason)."

(Medicine Cat ceremony can be found in Medicine Cat Information.♥)
Back to top Go down
https://theescapedclans.forumotion.com

Ceremony Templates & Importance of Clan Ranks
Page 1 of 1